How long should you grill filet mignon for?
|Doneness||Temperature Range||Time On Grill|
|Medium rare||125° F to 130° F||5 minutes per side|
|Medium||135° F to 140° F||6-7 minutes per side|
|Medium well||145° F to 150° F||8 minutes per side|
|Well done||160° F and above||10 minutes per side|
• 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7
How do you grill a 2 inch filet mignon?
Place the filets on a grill over direct heat and cook until done. Allow for 4-5 minutes of searing time, or until a rich, golden-brown crust emerges. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes after flipping the filets over to the other side of the pan. Hold the filets on their sides with tongs, moving them every few minutes to ensure that both sides of the filets are seared.
How long do you cook a 1-inch filet mignon on a gas grill?
How to Cook Filet Mignon on a Grill (with Pictures)
- Make certain that your steak has thoroughly thawed. If you want a medium-rare filet mignon, grill it for 7-8 minutes per inch of thickness for a 1-inch steak and 9-11 minutes per 112-inch steak, flipping once at the halfway mark. A meat thermometer should register 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long do you cook a 2 inch steak on the grill?
Direct heat should be used to cook a 2-inch-thick steak. When the grill is medium (you may keep your hand at grill level for just 4 to 5 seconds), proceed as follows: cook the steak for 20 to 25 minutes for rare, and 27 to 30 minutes for medium-rare.
How long do you cook a filet mignon for medium well?
5-6 minutes for medium-rare (medium rare). 6-7 minutes on a medium setting. 8 to 9 minutes for medium-well. Keep in mind that the length of time it will take may vary based on the size of the steak.
How do you cook a filet mignon on a Weber gas grill?
Grill the filets for 6-8 minutes each side over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are cooked through. Remove off the fire and place the filets over indirect heat for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until they reach the desired degree of doneness. My filets are best served medium rare, around 125°-135° degrees.
How do I cook a 2 inch steak?
Cooking Cowboy Steak in the Oven – Step by Step Instructions
- Make certain that your steak has thoroughly thawed. Bring the meat to a comfortable room temperature. Place the steaks on a rack on a broiler pan and broil until done. Broiled for 19-21 minutes for a 2-inch steak, rotating once halfway through, will yield a perfectly medium-rare result.
How long do you grill 1 1/2 inch filet mignon?
How to Cook Filet Mignon on the Grill
- A 1-inch cut should be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) and 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F) over a hot grill. Grill a 112-inch cut for 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F) for a medium-rare (145°F). Place the meat on a serving plate.
How long do you grill a 1-inch steak?
The cooking time for a 1-inch sirloin is typically 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare doneness or 5-6 minutes per side for medium steak doneness.
How is filet mignon supposed to be cooked?
Filet mignon is a lean cut of meat that does not normally require any trimming. During this time, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on your chosen level of doneness, cook the filets in the oven for 5-8 minutes: 5-6 minutes for rare, 6-7 minutes for medium-rare, and 7-8 minutes for medium.
What is the best side dish for filet mignon?
Side Dishes to Go With Your Steak
- Toss together the ingredients for a Caesar salad. For many steak enthusiasts, a Caesar salad is their go-to dish of choice. Toss together a wedge of lettuce and toss well. This is, without a doubt, the ultimate steakhouse salad. The following dishes are served: Steak Fries, Loaded Baked Potato, Macaroni and Cheese, Cremed Spinach, Grilled Tomato Halves, and Vegetable Kebabs.
What temperature is medium for filet mignon?
Internal temperature should reach 120 degrees F for rare, 125 degrees F for medium rare, and 130 degrees F for medium rare before removing from the heat source. This should take no more than ten minutes. Allow the steaks to rest in the pan for at least 5 minutes before serving (temperature should rise another 5 degrees).