In general, stick to the following total grilling times:
- Cook the burgers for a total of 4 minutes (125°F) for rare results. Cook burgers for a total of 5 minutes (135°F) for medium-rare results. Cook medium-sized burgers for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F) for medium-sized burgers. Cook burgers for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 degrees Fahrenheit) for well-done burgers.
How do I cook a medium burger?
For medium burgers, grill the patties for three minutes on one side and five minutes on the other side until it is cooked through. Depending on how well you like your burger done, grill the patties on one side for three minutes and the other for six minutes on each side.
How hot should the grill be for burgers?
Burgers should be cooked at a temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit. You want the temperature of the grill to be between medium-high and high, which is around 375 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, while you are cooking burgers. Many gas grills come equipped with built-in thermometers, but they are not always accurate or dependable.
How do you grill burgers on a gas grill?
Burgers may be grilled on a gas barbecue. Place the burgers (dimpled side down) on the blazing hot grill and cook until done. Make a “safety zone” by leaving approximately 30 percent of the grill grate food-free, so that you can transfer burgers in the event of a flare-up. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they’re well charred on the outside.
How long to cook a burger on each side on the grill?
Here’s how long you should cook your burgers on the grill.
- Grill the burgers for 7 minutes per side for a well-done burger. Grill a medium-well burger for 6 minutes per side for a medium-well burger. To grill a medium burger, cook it for 5 minutes on each side. Grill the burgers for 4 minutes per side for a medium-rare result. Grill a burger for 3 minutes per side if you want it rare.
How do you tell when a burger is done on the grill?
Using a thermometer to determine whether a burger is done is the most accurate method. This will provide you with the most exact assurance that your burger has been properly cooked. If the internal temperature is less than 155°F, the machine should be repaired or replaced. Allow the burgers to rest for approximately 10 minutes, during which time the internal temperature will reach 160°F.
How long do you grill burgers at 400?
After that, preheat the grill over medium high heat (about 350-400°F). Close the cover of the grill after placing the burger patties on it. Sear for 2-3 minutes, or until you notice browning and grill marks on the surface of the meat. To finish the burgers, gently turn them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare, or 6-7 minutes for medium-well doneness.
How do I cook burgers on the grill?
COOK ON A GRILL: Preheat a gas grill on high or a charcoal grill on high until the embers flare brilliant orange and ash over. Using the oil, brush the burgers on both sides. Burgers should be grilled until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, which should take about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip the burgers over to the other side.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
Either turn up the heat on the gas grill or the embers on a charcoal grill until they flare bright orange and begin to ash. Apply a little coating of oil to the burgers before grilling. Grill the burgers on the first side until they are golden brown and slightly scorched, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. The burgers should be flipped.
Do you grill burgers on direct or indirect heat?
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over direct heat, depending on the thickness of the burger, until the outside is browned. Searing may be done with or without the grill cover closed. After searing, transfer the burgers to the other side of the grill and cook them in an indirect manner until they are done (with the grill lid on for a smokier flavor).
Do you grill hamburgers with the lid open or closed?
Burgers will take longer to cook on a gas grill with the lid open than they will on a charcoal grill with the top closed. When you open the lid, just as when you open the door of your oven, you are allowing heat to escape. The temperature is expected to drop. However, keeping the lid open results in a deeper sear on the burgers, so you may want to experiment with this technique.
What temperature do you cook burgers on a propane grill?
Instructions on how to cook hamburgers on a propane grill
- Start by turning on the propane and then turning on the burners to high heat. Close the cover and heat the grill until it reaches around 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your burgers on the grill and reduce the heat to medium high, or approximately 375 degrees.
How do you grill thick burgers?
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates. Gently shape the meat into four patties that are about 4 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Make an indentation in the center of the top of each pattie. Grill the burgers for 3 minutes on each side. Tomato, onion, and lettuce are used to assemble burger sandwiches in rolls.
What is the secret to juicy hamburgers?
Preparation Instructions for Making Juicy Burgers
- Making Juicy Hamburgers: Tips for Preparation