How to Cook Filet Mignon on the Grill
- A 1-inch cut should be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) and 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F) over a hot grill. Grill a 112-inch cut for 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F) for a medium-rare (145°F). Place the meat on a serving plate.
How do you cook fillet steak on the grill?
- Grill for 10 minutes, or until the grill is quite hot. Season the steaks with freshly ground black pepper. Place the following ingredients on a grill rack and cook beneath the grill: Rare takes 3 1/2 minutes, medium takes 5 1/2 minutes, and well-done takes 6-8 minutes.
How do you grill a 2 inch filet mignon?
Grill for 10 minutes, or until the grill is quite hot; Add black pepper to the steaks before cooking them. Grill the following ingredients on a grill rack: Cooking time: rare 3 1/2 minutes, medium 5 1/2 minutes, well done 6-8 minutes
How long should I cook a filet mignon on each side?
For how long should I cook a filet of beef? Sear the filets for 2 minutes each side on the stovetop in a cast iron pan over high heat with real butter or oil, then move to a preheated oven at 415° F to finish cooking. If I want my filets medium-rare, I bake them for around 5-6 minutes at 350 degrees.
How long do you grill a filet for medium?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown and slightly scorched. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill for 3 to 5 minutes longer for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit), 5 to 7 minutes longer for medium (140 degrees Fahrenheit), or 8 to 10 minutes longer for medium-well (an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit) (150 degrees F).
How do you cook a medium fillet steak?
Our recommendations for cooking times for fillet steaks that are 3.5cm thick are as follows:
- 12 minutes per side for blue
- 214 minutes per side for uncommon
- 314 minutes per side for medium-rare
- 412 minutes per side for medium.
Can u Grill steak?
Preheat the grill to a high setting. Season the steak with a good amount of salt and pepper. Grill the steak over direct heat for 5 minutes each side, then over indirect heat for 7 to 10 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
How do you grill a 2 inch steak on a gas grill?
Direct heat should be used to cook a 2-inch-thick steak. When the grill is medium (you may keep your hand at grill level for just 4 to 5 seconds), proceed as follows: cook the steak for 20 to 25 minutes for rare, and 27 to 30 minutes for medium-rare. In order to properly cook a 3-inch-thick steak, indirect heat should be used.
How do you grill filet mignon on a gas grill?
In the case of the filets
- Season both sides of the filet with a sufficient amount of salt, pepper, and freshly chopped rosemary. Preheat the grill to a high setting. Place the filets face down on a baking sheet and sear for 5 minutes without moving them. Sear for 4 minutes per side if you like it rare. Remove the filets from the grill and place them on a serving platter.
How hot should grill be for filet mignon?
Grill fillet mignon steaks over direct grill fire at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Because most grills are not capable of maintaining a steady temperature at all times, you may choose to cook it at a little higher or lower temperature. For charcoal barbecues, cook over medium coals for the same length of time as for gas grills.
How long do you cook filet mignon on charcoal grill?
Grill the filets for 6-8 minutes each side over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are cooked through. Remove off the fire and place the filets over indirect heat for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until they reach the desired degree of doneness. My filets are best served medium rare, around 125°-135° degrees.
Should I sear filet mignon before grilling?
When you sear meat, you don’t create an impenetrable barrier that stops the flow of natural fluids when you cook or slice a steak or other piece of meat, as some people believe. However, this does not imply that you should completely quit searing. Searing steaks should always be considered before grilling, baking, braising, roasting, or sauteeing them, regardless of the method of preparation.
How long do you grill a 1-inch steak?
The cooking time for a 1-inch sirloin is typically 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare doneness or 5-6 minutes per side for medium steak doneness.
What temperature should steak be grilled at?
Clean your grill’s cooking grates and set your grill’s temperature to direct, high heat. Cooking steaks at a temperature between 450°F and 500°F produces the finest results.
What temp is medium well for filet mignon?
Temperatures between 140 and 145 degrees Fahrenheit are considered to be “medium.” Medium well – the temperature for steaks at this level of doneness should be between 150 and 155 degrees Fahrenheit. Well done — the temperature reading for a filet mignon that has no indications of pink remaining comes in at 160 degrees Fahrenheit or above, which is excellent.