When determining how long to cook filet mignon by direct grilling, use the following guidelines:
- A 1-inch cut should be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) and 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F) over a hot grill. Grill a 112-inch cut for 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F) for a medium-rare (145°F).
How do you grill a 2 inch filet mignon?
Place the filets on a grill over direct heat and cook until done. Allow for 4-5 minutes of searing time, or until a rich, golden-brown crust emerges. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes after flipping the filets over to the other side of the pan. Hold the filets on their sides with tongs, moving them every few minutes to ensure that both sides of the filets are seared.
How long do you cook a 1-inch filet mignon on a gas grill?
Preheat the grill to high heat, then add the filets. Allow for 4-5 minutes of searing time, or until a rich, golden-brown crust has developed. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes after flipping the filets over to the other side. Hold the filets on their sides with tongs, moving them every few minutes, until they are seared on both sides.
- Make certain that your steak has thoroughly thawed. If you want a medium-rare filet mignon, grill it for 7-8 minutes per inch of thickness for a 1-inch steak and 9-11 minutes per 112-inch steak, flipping once at the halfway mark. A meat thermometer should register 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you grill filet mignon on a gas grill?
In the case of the filets
- Season both sides of the filet with a sufficient amount of salt, pepper, and freshly chopped rosemary. Preheat the grill to a high setting. Place the filets face down on a baking sheet and sear for 5 minutes without moving them. Sear for 4 minutes per side if you like it rare. Remove the filets from the grill and place them on a serving platter.
How do you grill a 2 inch steak on a gas grill?
Direct heat should be used to cook a 2-inch-thick steak. When the grill is medium (you may keep your hand at grill level for just 4 to 5 seconds), proceed as follows: cook the steak for 20 to 25 minutes for rare, and 27 to 30 minutes for medium-rare. In order to properly cook a 3-inch-thick steak, indirect heat should be used.
How long do you cook filet mignon for medium?
How to Cook Filet Mignon on the Grill
- A 1-inch cut should be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) and 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F) over a hot grill. Grill a 112-inch cut for 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F) for a medium-rare (145°F). Place the meat on a serving plate.
How long do you cook a filet mignon for medium well?
5-6 minutes for medium-rare (medium rare). 6-7 minutes on a medium setting. 8 to 9 minutes for medium-well. Keep in mind that the length of time it will take may vary based on the size of the steak.
How long do you grill a 1 inch steak?
6 minutes for medium rare. 6-7 minutes on medium. 8-9 minutes for medium-well. Keep in mind that the length of time it will take will vary based on the size of the steak you are cooking.
What temperature should I grill filet mignon?
Grill fillet mignon steaks over direct grill fire at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Because most grills are not capable of maintaining a steady temperature at all times, you may choose to cook it at a little higher or lower temperature. For charcoal barbecues, cook over medium coals for the same length of time as for gas grills.
How is filet mignon supposed to be cooked?
Filet mignon is a lean cut of meat that does not normally require any trimming. During this time, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on your chosen level of doneness, cook the filets in the oven for 5-8 minutes: 5-6 minutes for rare, 6-7 minutes for medium-rare, and 7-8 minutes for medium.
What is the best side dish for filet mignon?
Side Dishes to Go With Your Steak
- Toss together the ingredients for a Caesar salad. For many steak enthusiasts, a Caesar salad is their go-to dish of choice. Toss together a wedge of lettuce and toss well. This is, without a doubt, the ultimate steakhouse salad. The following dishes are served: Steak Fries, Loaded Baked Potato, Macaroni and Cheese, Cremed Spinach, Grilled Tomato Halves, and Vegetable Kebabs.
How do you cook filet mignon on a charcoal grill?
Grill the filets for 6-8 minutes each side over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are cooked through. Remove off the fire and place the filets over indirect heat for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until they reach the desired degree of doneness. My filets are best served medium rare, around 125°-135° degrees.