When determining how long to cook filet mignon by direct grilling, use the following guidelines:
- A 1-inch cut should be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) and 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F) over a hot grill. Grill a 112-inch cut for 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F) for a medium-rare (145°F).
How long do you cook a 1-inch filet mignon on a gas grill?
How to Cook Filet Mignon on a Grill (with Pictures)
- Make certain that your steak has thoroughly thawed. If you want a medium-rare filet mignon, grill it for 7-8 minutes per inch of thickness for a 1-inch steak and 9-11 minutes per 112-inch steak, flipping once at the halfway mark. A meat thermometer should register 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long do you cook a 2 inch filet mignon on a gas grill?
Check to see that your steak has completely thawed before you cook it. A 1-inch steak should be cooked for 7-8 minutes on the grill and a 112-inch steak for 9-11 minutes on the grill, with the steak being turned once before the halfway point. It is recommended that a meat thermometer read 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you grill filet mignon on a gas grill?
In the case of the filets
- Season both sides of the filet with a sufficient amount of salt, pepper, and freshly chopped rosemary.
- Preheat the grill to a high temperature. Place the filets face down on a baking sheet and sear for 5 minutes without moving them.
- For rare, sear for 4 minutes per side on high heat.
- Remove the filets from the grill and place them on a serving platter.
How long do you grill 1 1/2 inch filet mignon?
How to Cook Filet Mignon on the Grill
- Filet Mignon – How to Grill It
How long do you grill a 1-inch steak?
How to Prepare Filet Mignon on the Grill
What temperature should I grill filet mignon?
Grill fillet mignon steaks over direct grill fire at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Because most grills are not capable of maintaining a steady temperature at all times, you may choose to cook it at a little higher or lower temperature. For charcoal barbecues, cook over medium coals for the same length of time as for gas grills.
How do you grill a tenderloin steak on a gas grill?
Prepare your grill for direct heat cooking by preheating it to medium high heat and setting it up for it. Once the grill is hot, lay the tenderloin filets directly over the flames and cook for roughly 8 minutes per side, depending on how thick they are. Cook for 2 minutes each side on the long sides, then for 1 minute per side on the short sides until the meat is cooked through.
What temperature do you grill tenderloin?
Maintain a grill temperature of around 325 – 350 degrees Fahrenheit (on the cool side). A 6 pound beef tenderloin should take a little more than an hour to reach our target temperature of 130 degrees, according to our calculations. Cook to temperature rather than according to the clock. Remove the tenderloin from the grill and set it on a serving tray after it has reached 130 degrees.
How is filet mignon supposed to be cooked?
Filet mignon is a lean cut of meat that does not normally require any trimming. During this time, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on your chosen level of doneness, cook the filets in the oven for 5-8 minutes: 5-6 minutes for rare, 6-7 minutes for medium-rare, and 7-8 minutes for medium.
How do you grill a 2 inch steak?
Direct heat should be used to cook a 2-inch-thick steak. When the grill is medium (you may keep your hand at grill level for just 4 to 5 seconds), proceed as follows: cook the steak for 20 to 25 minutes for rare, and 27 to 30 minutes for medium-rare. In order to properly cook a 3-inch-thick steak, indirect heat should be used.
How do you cook filet mignon on a charcoal grill?
Direct heat is recommended for cooking a 2-inch-thick steak. Grill at medium heat (you may keep your hand at grill level for 4 to 5 seconds) and then cook steaks for 20 to 25 minutes for rare, and 27 to 30 minutes for medium rare. Direct heat should be used to cook a 3-inch-thick steak.